My name is Jason and I am a 34-year-old Canadian English instructor. I have been living and teaching in South Korea since March, 2005. This blog is about how I see life in Korea, and Korean culture. I will post pictures and video as often as possible. I will also write about Korean novels and movies.
Book Review: Atlantic Meeting
-
Atlantic Meeting by H.V. Morton (1943) 160 p. In Herman Wouk’s excellent
World War II novel The Winds of War he contrives to have his protagonist
Victor ‘P...
Seoul, Uijeongbu Peace Statue, Budae Jjigae Street
-
*Statue of Peace, Peace Park*
After arriving at Uijeongbu station on Line 1, a full one and a half hours
from Gangseo-gu, I came out of the station (exits...
Hiking the John Muir Trail
-
*Note: This post is set up largely for my own planning. Expect updates, but
feel free to leave comments in the meantime. *
As a native-born Californian who...
The Fastest WordPress Theme
-
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc imperdiet
rhoncus arcu non aliquet. Sed tempor mauris a purus porttitor, ac convallis
arcu ve...
Essential Tips for a Korea Trip in August
-
Are you planning a trip in Korea during August and want to gather
information about things to do in South Korea? We have great news for you!
Korea has many...
Liquidation vs. Penalty Damages in Korea
-
[image: Korea Liquidated Damages, Korea Penalty Damages, in Korea]
Liquidated Damages v. Penalty Damages in Korea
*Liquidated Damages vs. Penalty Damages in...
So, I'm in charge of
-
So, I'm in charge of lawn mowing now. And with that, the responsibility of
choosing a lawn mower that will be easy (for me, a lawn mowing novice)to
use. I ...
Foreign Teachers Returning to their Home Countries
-
*This Blog Has Moved*
Hey there everyone. In case you haven't updated your readers, this blog has
moved to a new, much better site. It's still Jackie, talk...
Missing Foreigner Joy? Try American Joy
-
American Joy has been my new blog of my life back in America. Although I'm
busy being a grad student I try to keep up with it and give insights into
my...
Red Chapel Ironies
-
I recently got around to watching the Red Chapel, the unusual guerrilla
documentary by the Danish journalist Mads Brügger.1 The basic premise is a
visit t...
Summer vaca
-
Steve's daughter Shelley got married this month. Steve and I traveled to
Pocatello, Idaho for her wedding. Afterwards we went camping around McCall,
Idaho....
The Itch.
-
The Itch, The Bug... whatever you wanna call it, I got it. I've gotten a
taste and I def need more. Travel, that is.
So after re-reading my last post, whic...
Where Are You on the Korean Wage Scale?
-
The BBC has this interesting feature up on their website that shows the
average wage in many countries around the world. I was actually surprised
at how hi...
Post #100: Goodbye Coco Busan, Hello Free Bird
-
Coco Busan started as a little idea in my mind 2.5 years ago in Edmonton,
Alberta, when I decided to leave Canada on my own and venture to Korea.
Once I pu...
campfires and memories
-
fire is a life force. it creates and destroys. a campfire creates not only
warmth but an atmosphere, a circle for campers to gather around to tell
stories....
One night in Bangkok
-
After Vietnam, we flew to Thailand, spent a day in bangkok and quickly
moved north to Chiang Mai where we participated in the Thai New Year, rode
elephan...
My Expert Knowledge on Eating in Nokdu next to SNU
-
Here’s all of my favorite places to eat in the Nokdu area next to SNU
(Seoul National University): http://goo.gl/maps/DYSy This took a little
longer than I...
I'm Her Little Man
-
I've always been more of a "toast and jam" kind of girl, but over winter
break in California I discovered the pleasures of bread and butter. For
Christmas,...
Christmas in Thailand!
-
I know I haven't posted in forever, but I have to write about Thailand!
We left Friday after work for the airport. It was so cold, I couldn't feel
my toes. ...
The South Korea Survival Guide
-
"Sara, do you have indoor plumbing in South Korea?” “Isn’t it really hot
out there all the time?” It’s amazing what some people still don’t seem to
unders...
Driving in Korea
-
I never gave much credence to the stereotype that Asians are bad drivers,
but after 2 years in Korea I've changed my mind. Koreans are the WORST
drivers. T...
The Music Industry Is Indeed Doomed
-
As Thom Yorke said in a recent interview for a British civics textbook (how
great would that textbook be, by the way? I don’t remember reading any
intervi...
The Sunset Post
-
Jumping the Asymptote has been running almost 17 months now. I no longer
live in Korea. I spent about six months after that in China, and have since
then f...
Phili-Phili-Philippines!!!
-
Alright so I am well aware that I havent posted anything on here in
months…. I blame it on winter hibernation… Since I thawed out in the
Philippines and it...
Sea Mustard ChoMuChim
-
This is a simple and cool Korean seaweed side dish. When my husband and I
visited Korea last February, he had the chance to try this side dish in a
restaur...
No comments:
Post a Comment