Monday, December 29, 2008

Killing time playing with my SLR . . .

Julianne and I spent some time a couple days ago looking at online tutorials for how to use digital SLRs . . . I experimented with the TV setting on my camera trying to get better at setting the shutter speed . . . Julianne decided to pick up her camera before my camera had finished taking a picture of her camera . . . the ghost-effect is cool.

Julianne's camera has a very different interface menu so she had to spend some time figuring out what the Canon tutorial was saying for her Nikon . . .

The next day we went out for a walk. I was going to take a bizillion pics of the Kangwon University campus in Chuncheon but ended up just enjoying the walk . . . maybe I'll do a photo walking tour some other time of the campus.

Compared to Ehwa Women's Univesity, Yonsei University, and some of the other campuses I've seen in Korea there really wasn't all that much to take pictures of . . . that being said I didn't walk around the ENTIRE campus, just down the main road so maybe there are some picturesque sights . . .

We noticed this poster for its odd combination of Christmas with Halloween and pirates--I really don't know what the poster is for . . . maybe a costume party for the lunar new year in Asia?

We walked off the campus and just kept going, wandering around the area. I noticed these kimchi pots sitting on a balcony and thought it was kind of interesting how modern Korea finds ways to store its kimchi in order for it to ferment.

I'm working on a massive post right now about the whole 'qualified' vs 'unqualified' discourse that the Korean English online media seems to use frequently about foreign native English teachers . . .

The sheer volume of blog postings, 'news' articles, and editorials is unbelievable . . . but it's giving me something to kill time with while Julianne is teaching her winter English day camp to 15 middle school girls . . .

J

No comments: