Friday, January 29, 2010

Random things from this past week . . . a motorcycle, my school, an ugly dog, a mountain landscape, and a student’s lunchbox — this is my life…

Over the last month, maybe even two months, I haven’t been doing much blogging . . . and I’m going to try and get back to my habit of putting up at least 3 or 4 posts a week.

Last Friday, and all of this week, I began my first winter English camp at my all boys high school. The students are the incoming freshman and I’ve really enjoyed working with them. One of my high school’s criteria for new students applying to it this year was that they had to be in the top 10% of all middle school applicants–and the difference between the incoming freshman and last year’s freshman is extreme.

Anyways, suffice it to say that I’m really looking forward to teaching them in the spring semester, and that my winter camp has been freaking awesome so far. The first camp runs over the course of two weeks, and then I do another two weeks with a different group of freshman . . . I’ve got a series of blog posts in the works about what I’ve been doing at the camp, and I’ll post them this weekend or at the latest early next week.

The weather in Seoul has been a lot ‘warmer’ lately (Julianne would strongly disagree! Lol . . . she thinks anything colder than -5 is really cold) and I’ve been able to get a few pictures while out walking around Seoul. Here’s one of a delivery motorcycle overloaded with pink carpets (?).......

Click on the link below to see pictures and read more at Kimchi Icecream: The Second Serving . . . . I've moved over to wordpress.com and will be blogging there from now on.

Random things from this past week . . . a motorcycle, my school, an ugly dog, a mountain landscape, and a student's lunchbox -- this is my life...

J

No comments: