Monday, June 22, 2009

Korean Traditional Porridge -- When you want something light and tasty to eat . . .

Julianne and I went for a walk in an area near our apartment that we hadn't really explored. Julianne has almost been in Korea for a full year but still hasn't eaten Korean traditional porridge . . .

When we saw this place we decided to go in and Julianne could try her first traditional porridge.

I ordered the tuna porridge. It comes with side dishes, and of course, kimchi.

Julianne ordered the pumpkin porridge.

I like to add some of the red pepper sauce and a small helping of beef to mix into the porridge. It tastes amazing with these added elements.

Julianne did the same and also said it tastes better too.

So if you haven't tried Korean traditional porridge yet I highly recommend it.

J

p.s. I haven't been blogging lately due to calculating end of semester final grades. I'm also in the process of applying for a new job and that's taking up a lot of time too . . . by the end of this week I should be back to blogging more regularly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My very first breakfast in Korea (after a scary night in a love motel because I arrived here too late in the day) was pumpkin juk. I adore it.

Shannon said...

I've always thought the pumpkin porridge was just so-so, but now I'm going to try it again. I'll let you know what I think.

David said...

본죽's are all over Korea and really are a healthy and delicious food. Whenever my girlfriend or I have a cold or bad stomach, a bowl of rice porridge really helps settle it down.

Nice photos.

kushibo said...

I need to track this stuff down in Honolulu. It's too long between visits to Seoul.