Saturday, June 27, 2009

A weekend in Seoul rediscovering my soul . . .

Julianne and I are in Seoul for the weekend. While Julianne went to spend time with friends visiting Korea for the first time, I went on a walkabout around the Jogno area . . .

I went by Seoul city hall to take pics of the kids playing in the water fountains that sit on the far corner of the big field in front of city hall . . .

I didn't expect--though now that I think about it I should have--to see such a large riot police presence in the middle of the day . . .

I really like this picture that I got of some girls playing in the water with a squad of riot police in the background . . .

I also checked out some palaces (forget how to spell the names right now) and will post more on them later.

This little cutie walked into the shot I was setting up . . . I couldn't have timed it better.
Back to city hall and having fun in the water . . . maybe too much fun. This little guy at one point was stepping on the biggest jet of water and the spray almost hit the entire squad of police standing in the background . . . I'm not saying he was doing it on purpose . . . but . . .

It was so hot and humid, though, that I get the guys in uniform were HOPING he'd get them wet! I know I would have been . . .
And on that note I'll leave you with the zen master of cooling off in the heat--lol!

J




No comments: