Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Preview of Busan Vacation Pics

Julianne and I got back from our vacation in Busan last night. We took the KTX from Busan back to Seoul, and then another train from Seoul out to Chuncheon.

I think I took over 3000 pictures . . . so I need to sort through them and pull out the best pics--NOT an easy task for me . . . lol.

One of the things Julianne and I did was take a ferry ride along the coastline of Busan . . .

The coastline has some very beautiful views . . .

The lens I have on my camera does not have a stabilizer so I had an 'interesting' time getting good shots on the ferry as it went up and down and side to side.

We stayed at Haeundae Beach for two nights and three days.

As I narrow down my selection of pics, and edit them, I'll post them and write stories about the vacation.

The sunsets on the beach were amazing.

The sky here had a feathered-white clouds texture that was really beautiful with the setting sun.

We had an interesting time taking pics of the seagulls (more on that later). This is one of the calmer moments . . .

Okay . . . time to go nap. It's crazy how much a vacation can tire you out while at the same time energize you.

More pics and stories coming soon,
J

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sunset images look amazing!

Damien

Mark Eaton said...

A number of great photographs in the post. I look forward to seeing more and reading of the vacation.

Jason said...

Hi Mark,and Damien,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still lamenting that I don't have a panoramic power zoom lens with stabilizer for my SLR . . . I can't imagine the shots I'd have been able to get with that kind of kit--one day . . . one day . . .

It's going to take me a few days to get more pics up. And on Friday I go to Immigration to get my E2 Visa renewed--if that goes off without a hitch then I'll be writing about that too.

Anyways, time to watch some House S2 eps, and then head to bed.

Take care,
J

White Rice said...

Really looking forward to more Busan pics. Haven't been there in years and your picture-laden posts are always so enjoyable...
Cheers.

AM said...

Wow, I love the photo of the giant rocks and that light house! Crazy! Did you go in there? I think that would be awesome. How far was this from Seoul? And if you dont mind sharing, what were the hotel rates like?