Thursday, August 20, 2009

St. Paul's Cathedral, London, Ontario Part 1 -- Inside the cathedral with my Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 lens.

This afternoon I headed back to St. Paul's Cathedral in London, Ontario to take pictures inside the cathedral itself with my Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 and Canon 100mm f2.8 MACRO USM EF Lens. You can see pictures of the outside the cathedral (and another nearby) here, St. Paul's Cathedral and St. Peter's Cathedral Bascilica in London, Ontario, Canada.

The forecast today was for thunder storms . . . and it looked like it too. It was VERY windy while waiting for the bus, and just before entering the downtown area I took this picture.

I arrived at the cathedral was greeted by a friendly gentleman who took me inside and even turned on the lights for me.

I cleaned my 10-20mm wide angle lens and began taking pictures. I'm not going to add commentary for each picture, so please enjoy the tour and the history of the cathedral. If you would like to learn more about the cathedral please see this link for their website. You can find directions and some pictures taken by another person at this link.

If you would like to see close-up shots of the stained glass windows please see part 2 of this post, St. Paul's Cathedral, London, Ontario Part 2 -- Close-ups of the cathedral's stained glass window art with my Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens.

Here's a preview of the magnificent stained glass window art. The color saturation and detail my Canon lens produced are amazing . . .


J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pix of a very special place. Thanks.