Thursday, August 20, 2009

St. Paul's Cathedral, London, Ontario Part 2 -- Close-ups of the cathedral's stained glass window art with my Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens

In part 2 I take pictures inside St. Paul's Cathedral using a Canon 100mm f2.8 MACRO USM EF Lens. I didn't have my tripod with me as it's back in Korea . . . in spite of this I think I got some good shots.

See Part 1 of pictures inside St. Paul's Cathedral where I use a Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 wide angle lens.

If you would like to learn more about the cathedral please see this link for their website. You can find directions and some pictures taken by another person at this link.

After I'd been taking pictures for about 15 minutes the cathedral caretaker, Tom, came out and we chatted for a few minutes. He's a really nice guy and when I said I wasn't a pro photographer his kind reply was, "You know the difference between a pro and an amateur? A pro takes 100 pictures and only let's you see two of them. An amateur takes a hundred pictures and let's you see all of them." Tom, you rock! I'll let you unpack what he was inferring, lol.

Well, as with the other post I'm not going to put comments with each picture. They're just here for you to enjoy them.



I will say that for a couple of the pics I took one shot of the figure from the shoulders and up, and then a second with the full figure. The macro lens doesn't allow for bigger areas of focus so this was my solution.


























After finishing up 'the shoot' I headed out on a bus to White Oaks Mall to search for good quality bed sheets that don't cost a fortune (they're hard to find in Korea) to take back with me. On the way there the rain began to fall . . . and that's an UNDERSTATEMENT!

I pulled out my Flip Mino video camera and took a 20 second video. In the first 5 seconds you can see how the wind gusting in powerful bursts with the rain pouring . . .



I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

J

No comments: