Friday, July 24, 2009

Renewing my passport and buying premium salmon for dinner . . .

Yesterday I went to get my passport renewed but after arriving at the passport office and reading over the renewal application I realized I didn't have the two person reference info for verifying my identity with me . . . argh.

I went back today to submit my application for renewal. It cost me $87.00 . . . ouch.

When it was my turn I walked up to the counter and the clerk asked me if I wanted my old passport back to which I replied with an emphatic "YES." My old passport has my multiple re-entry pass to get back into Korea, amongst other things . . .

The clerk then asked me to mark which pages in my passport she shouldn't perforate to show the passport was no longer valid. I began to sweat as I was worried I'd miss something I needed to get back into Korea . . . this was kind of illogical on my part as I'll be carrying my new passport and my old one when I do head back to Korea . . . but having read too many stories on blogs and in the Korean English news media I was worried that somehow I'd miss a detail about what I still needed from my old passport and be in trouble somehow at the airport when I return to Korea . . .

Anyways, it all worked out, and I submitted my application for renewal. I can't believe how much money it takes in fees and other expenditures to get an E2 visa and submit all the supporting documents to Korean Immigration . . .

After leaving the passport office my dad and I went to the Loblaw--as opposed to Loblaws--to get a bunch of stuff. I decided to pick up a 'few' things . . . lol.

I picked up some 'premium salmon' for $33.00 . . . it was VERY nice!

We also got broccoli and it was 1.49 per bunch . . . which is a steal compared to what you pay in Korea.

My dad baked the salmon in the oven . . . ovens rock! After not having regular access to one in Korea for nearly five years having one in the kitchen opens up sooo many possibilities.

We also made a salad . . .

Talk about a healthy meal . . .

I'll post pics of a few of the foods that are hard to find and/or impossible to find that I picked up at Loblaw in my next post.

J

No comments: