Monday, July 6, 2009

Unhyeongung (palace) in Seoul, South Korea -- Part 2

Walking into the second area of Unhyeon Palace (check the map in Part 1 of my entry, or wikipedia's Unhyeon Palace entry for the name) . . .

I noticed this little item just inside and to the right of the entryway . . .

I think it might have been used as a litter for transporting nobles . . . but don't have a source for that guess. Regardless, I liked the coloring and details . . . the thought did occur to me that it'd be absolutely hysterical to see if I could FIT inside the thing and get a picture . . . but then, I don't really want to see what the inside of a Korean jail looks like so I restrained myself.

Moving along . . .

I walked into the next courtyard . . .

I found it very puzzling to see that many of the display rooms seemed to be EMPTY of historical items and decoration . . .

This room was located under the main level rooms. It had a lot of interesting stuff in it, but there was no info available about it.

And in the second room . . . yes, the same dress again.

And in the third room . . . yep, you guessed it: the same dress again.

And . . . again . . . did they really all wear the exact same dress?

I was VERY intrigued by this room. I wanted to know more about what the women did here, and the living conditions, etc, but again . . . no info.

I really liked this room. It actually seemed to be a completely finished exhibit . . .

Another underground room . . . with the need for some signs and info about what was done here, etc.

And then there was this room . . . I'm pretty sure that this was the 'toilet' . . . cool.

Back outside . . .

I really liked this door/gateway . . .

In this area there wasn't really anything to see other than the design and architecture of the buildings . . .

Moving along . . . to what were pretty much empty buildings . . .

and another courtyard . . .

I guess Korean history and architecture buffs would appreciate this part of the palace the most . . .

See Part 3 for more pics . . .

J

No comments: