Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2009 Chuncheon International Mime Festival May 24 -- Part 3

After cheating-on-her-husband-ends-in-happiness-and-peace-mime-woman was done her performance everybody headed over to the massive crane for some women acrobats . . .

The massive crane (taken earlier) . . .

and women acrobats . . .

Oooooh . . . cool.

The women had a pretty polished act. Even getting into position and climbing up to the top of the web was done with style and grace.

The guys running around with vid cams and SLRs had a lot of fun--so did I, for that matter.

It kind of surprises me--when it shouldn't--that a lot of people sat DIRECTLY under the performers . . .

Awesome . . .

A fair number of foreign people turned out . . .

Setting up . . . .

More people . . .

It takes really good physical condition to keep your legs stiff and in one position for a long time--she did this the entire time they were getting ready--wow.

Dropping the ropes they used to get up in the air . . .

And then this guy decided I was someone he wanted to film--so I pointed my camera back at him and kept it pointed at him till he got the hint . . . which took a full 30 seconds . . .

I was really glad I had my polarized lens on. The lighting conditions kept changing back and forth from cloudy to sunny and bright . . .

And now for some cool I'm-hanging-in-the-air-with-a-look-of-mystery pics . . .

Wheeeeeeee!

I LOVE THIS PIC! Serenity personified . . .

Another of my favorites in this series . . .

Nice . . .

The next set show some of the movement and patterns they were doing . . .

My only issue with this performance was that the music was boring and didn't do what it needed to in establishing a mood and atmosphere.

Part 4 coming soon . . .
J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome pics! Nicely done.