Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bought 3M Hand Instant Sanitizer tonight . . . OH MY GOD! Foreign English Teacher spending his birthday in quarantine for Swine Flu???!

Tonight Julianne and I picked up some hand sanitizer at Emart. We are pretty good about washing our hands regularly but wanted something more portable.

Press play to begin the soundtrack . . . and then press play on the next video.



Behold . . . I give to you,

3M Hand Instant Sanitizer



At 10,000 won a bottle it's expensive but even the pharmacist recommended this over the bottle of Korean stuff she pulled out when we asked to see what they had.

I guess the next purchase will be N95 masks . . .

From wikipedia's entry on Respirator,


N95 Filters at least 95% of airborne particles

The most common of these is the disposable white N95 variety. The entire unit is discarded after some extended period or a single use, depending on the contaminant. Filter masks also come in replaceable-cartridge, multiple-use models. Typically one or two cartridges attach securely to a mask which has built into it a corresponding number of valves for inhalation and one for exhalation.

Now my only problem is choosing how to decorate it like An English Teacher Under Quarantine in South Korea . . .

I just opened up his blog to see if anything new has been posted . . .

Oh -- my -- god! It's his 30th birthday today!

From An English Teacher Under Quarantine in South Korea,

"So my awesome friends and fellow quarantinees (sp?) made me an awesome crown/hat/tribal mask thingy for my 30th birthday today. It’s made of cans, masks, plastic bottles, toilet paper, and a whole lotta love!

Spending my 30th birthday In Quarantine in Korea ranks up there around about the Rings of Saturn or Heaven, as places I never thought I’d be at this time, however I’m lucky to be around such an awesome group of people!"

EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY--go and wish him a happy birthday by emailing him at aavanwey@gmail.com

I'm gonna go do that right now.

J


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,which pharmacy did you buy it at?

Jason said...

"Tonight Julianne and I picked up some hand sanitizer at Emart."

Department stores have pharmacies inside them.

Robin Hudson said...

Normal hand washing is fine. However, a mask is going to do next to nothing. It may filter "particles", but a virus will pass right through.

http://tinyurl.com/cchaqq


Bottom line: Don't freak out.

Unknown said...

happy b day dear teacher...
n yeah it may sucks bt have a blast...
n get well soon very sincerely from the very bottom of my heart..

tc faya