Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hi, my name is Jason and I'm a Twitter-Addict . . .

I've just realized what a twit I've been when posting on Twitter.

I don't know why but I hadn't clued into how if I put up 10 posts in a row that it really disrupts the flow of the stream and clogs up peoples' mail boxes . . .

So with this in mind I refer to this scene in Finding Nemo,



"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

I've adapted it for my own uses,

"I am a nice Twitterer, not a mindless Twitter. If I am to change this Twit, I must first change my Twitself. Twits are short, not long."

To all the other Twits out there on my stream--sorry for the Twitanity.

J
p.s. Making Twitologisms is fun--ha!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Yeah, I saw you invited me a while back. I don't get the appeal of twitter and probably never will. People say it's good for collecting links and is like a news feed . . . but if I have (liberal estimate) 25 twitter friends and they're all putting up crap a couple times an hour, what am I gonna do with hundreds of links each day? I skip most of the stuff on facebook, and I don't think I could tolerate that much linkage.

What's the main reason you use it?

Jason said...

I was putting up links, but I was also just putting up general comments and stuff about anything and everything ..

Rob got irritated with me--I think, and rightfully so--for putting up 10, 11, 12 posts in a row . ..

I was using just to get a more real-time connection with other people in Korea. Facebook is alright, but Twitter felt almost like instant messaging . .. but not .. .

Donno . . .